Using my Text2SVM after learning how to increase java memory size so that i could do a large test was very successful. I used about 2,700 documents and then put them into SVMlight. I used 90% training data and 10% testing data leaving around 270 tests. I achieved 95% accuracy in training SVM to recognize one text category from another. I am highly excited! Tomorrow i will be testing with several of my smaller categories today i tested with my largest category. If these trends contrinue…. eeehhhh. I was really only hoping to achieve over 80% correct. So lets hope this is the start of something truely wonderful. I know that the results continuing this high are very unlikely, but i am still really excited about the first good results. I am pumped about doing more testing tomorrow!!



blog comments powered by Disqus
Dan Mayer Profile Pic
Welcome to Dan Mayer's development blog. I primary write about Ruby development, distributed teams, and dev/PM process. The archives go back to my first CS classes during college when I was first learning programming. I contribute to a few OSS projects and often work on my own projects, You can find my code on github.

Twitter @danmayer

Github @danmayer