I had some issues with the deviceready callback. I had seen some similar posts, and figured I could save someone some time. Basically when using document.addEventListener order matters a lot. It all comes down to exactly when this line is loaded and what is already defined. <pre>document.addEventListener(“deviceready”, deviceSetup, true);</pre> We have custom JS, and originally it was loaded second, so the deviceready event was fired before, the listener was set.

    <script src="lscustom.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"> </script>
    <script src="phonegap.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"> </script>

After that I was still having an issue and it turns out the method you define register as the callback needs to be defined before you add the listener. So having this in our lscustom.js works.
var deviceSetup = function(){ console.log(“Device Setup”); }; document.addEventListener(“deviceready”, deviceSetup, true); While, the below fails. document.addEventListener(“deviceready”, deviceSetup, true); var deviceSetup = function(){ console.log(“Device Setup”); };

Anyways since I ended up wasting a bit of time searching and debugging this issue, I figured I would share my debugging session.



blog comments powered by Disqus
Dan Mayer Profile Pic
Welcome to Dan Mayer's development blog. I primary write about Ruby development, distributed teams, and dev/PM process. The archives go back to my first CS classes during college when I was first learning programming. I contribute to a few OSS projects and often work on my own projects, You can find my code on github.

Twitter @danmayer

Github @danmayer